PROGRAM OF THE XV INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE FOR STUDENTS AND PHD STUDENTS “YOUTH AND PROGRESS OF BIOLOGY”
Program_YPB_2019Read more »
Head – Babsky A. M.
The Department of Biophysics and Mathematical Methods in Biology was organized in 1974 by a well-known biophysicist, professor Myron P. Derkach M.P. In 2005, professor Dmytro I. Sanahursky renamed and reorganized the department under the name of Biophysics and Bioinformatics. Since May 2016, the department is headed by Dr. Andriy M. Babsky.
The department today is a team of 12 employees, lecturers, researchers, engineers, laboratory assistants and post-graduate students. At the department there are two doctors of biological sciences and seven candidates of sciences (Ph.D.).
Scientific interests of the department:
1. Transmembrane bioelectrogenesis: modifying effects on it, structural-functional analysis and models.
2. Biophysics of embryonic systems, the action of physic-chemical factors on them.
3. Mathematical modeling of biological processes.
4. Cellular bioenergetics.
The department prepares bachelors and masters – biophysicists, providing training on the following courses:
· General Cytology
· Mathematical Methods in Biology
· Basis of Bioinformatics
Master’s programs are connected with the basic scientific directions of the department’s work.
At the department there is postgraduate and doctoral studies in the specialty “Biophysics”.
|Research FellowVolodymyr Hrenyukh||Research Fellow|
|Junior Research FellowYaryna Shalai||Junior Research Fellow|
|1st Category EngineerNataliia Bodnarchuk||1st Category Engineer|
|Senior Department SecretaryDariia Dluhosh||Senior Department Secretary|
• Clarification of the basic regularities of changes in the electro-physiological parameters of membranes and membrane-bound processes during early embryogenesis in fish (model objects – eggs of loach (Misgurnus fossilis), zebra-fish, frog buds, and tissues of warm-blooded animals); determination and research of the dominant functional structures in membrane-bound processes of early embryogenesis (Sanagurskyi D, PhD, DSc; Bezkorovainyi A, PhD)
• Study of the effect of electromagnetic radiation of the radio frequency on the viability and processes of fertilization and embryogenesis (Yaremchuk M, PhD; Dyka M, PhD)
• Molecular mechanisms of action of physical and chemical exogenous factors on the functioning of transport systems of cold-blooded embryos during early embryogenesis (Bura M, PhD; Heneha A, PhD; Bodnarchuk N, PhD)
• Changes in the processes of lipid and protein peroxidation, antioxidant enzymes activity and enzymes of the respiratory chain of cells of the warm-blooded animal tissues under the action of an oxidizing agent and a detoxifier of sodium hypochlorite (Garasym N, PhD; Tarnovska A, PhD, Galan M, PhD)
• Influence of laser irradiation on blood parameters of patients with tuberculosis (Otchych V, PhD; Dyka M, PhD; Otchych O, PhD)
• Application of new information technologies in biological researches (Sanagurskyi D, PhD, DSc; Babsky A, PhD. DSc; Hreniukh V, PhD; Tymofeyev O, MSc)
• Features of energy and peroxide processes in cancer cells and the search for substances with antitumor activity (Babsky A, PhD, DSc; Hreniukh V, PhD; Shalai Ya., MSc, Popovych M, MSc)
• The role of the sympathetic-adrenal system in adaptation to muscular work (Galan M, PhD)
• Indicators of ejaculate in men of all ages in norm and for pathology (Tarnovska A, PhD)
The department cooperates with:
• Yale University (Department of Psychiatry and Neurobiology), New Haven, USA;
• University of Pennsylvania (Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics), Philadelphia, USA
• Mediterranean Institute of Neurobiology (Department of Molecular Electrophysiology), Marseille, France;
• Indiana University (Department of Radiology and Scientific Images), Indianapolis, USA;
• Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (Department of Child Development and Metabolic Illness), USA;
• State Scientific and Research Control Institute of Veterinary Preparations and Forage Supplements, Lviv;
• Institute of Cell Biology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (Department of Regulation of Cell Proliferation and Apoptosis), Lviv
• Institute of Epidemiology and Hygiene (Department of Tuberculosis and Non-Specific Lung Diseases), Lviv;
• Danylo Halytsky National Medical University of Lviv;
• Ivan Bobersky State University of Physical Culture of Lviv;
• Botanical Garden of Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Lviv;
• National University “Lviv Polytechnic” (Department of Organic Chemistry);
• The Faculty of Chemistry of the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv (Department of Organic Chemistry).
Program_YPB_2019Read more »
СИМПОЗІУМ ІЗ МІЖНАРОДНОЮ УЧАСТЮ:
Сталі підходи до підвищення врожайності та
харчової цінності пшениці
27 червня 2018 р.
Львівський національний університет імені Івана Франка
Sustainable Approaches for Improving Wheat Yield
and Nutritional Value
June 27th, 2018
Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
Кафедра фізіології та екології рослин Львівського національного університету імені Івана
вул. Грушевського, 4, 79005, м. Львів, Україна
Кафедра біології рослин Корнельського університету (США), Bradfield Hall, 306 Tower Rd.,
Ithaca, NY 14853-1901, USA
Symposium “Sustainable Approaches for Improving Wheat Yield and Nutritional Value”
to be held at the Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
June 27 th , 2018, Lviv, Ukraine
Olga Terek, Plant Physiology and Ecology Department of Ivan Franko National University of Lviv,
4 Hrushevsky St., 79005, Lviv, Ukraine, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nataliya Romanyuk, Plant Physiology and Ecology Department of Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, 4 Hrushevsky St., 79005,
Lviv, Ukraine, e-mail: email@example.com
Ostap Patsula, Plant Physiology and Ecology Department of Ivan...